WHAT IS ABACUS
- Abacus is an ancient Chinese tool
- Abacus is still widely used in place of the calculator in China.
- In each rod of the abacus, there are four beads below the beam and one bead above the beam.
- Each bead below the rod has the value one (1) and each bead above the rod has the value five(5).
Also, there is overall brain development focusing on the right brain.
HUMAN BRAIN – LEFT AND RIGHT
- The Human brain has two halves: the right and the left
- The left-brain is linear and logical. The right brain is intuitive.
- When confronted with problems, the left-brain being logical, reasons out how intense will be the problem and allowing that to prevail on the mind, will make a person give up his goal.
- The way the right brain interprets the goal is different. It is not logical but creative and thinks about new methods to reach the goal.
- The right brain is able to “VISUALISE” the final scene of goal achievement and will not rest till newer methods of reaching the goal are found.
BASIC REASONS FOR USING THE ABACUS TOOL
The abacus education meets the needs of today’s professional society. In this professional society, a life ignorant of recording and calculating does not exist.
By using the abacus method regularly, the four basic operations (+, -, x, /) can easily be done with the mind. With constant practice of the abacus, especially that of also mental arithmetic, the interaction between the left and the right parts of the brain in an instant, cause stimulation that greatly benefits the brain.
In China and Japan, senior high-level students who have reached the highest level in Zhusuan also did the best in overall scores in other courses.
The best learning time for your child is between 4-12 years.
The finding from experiments is, the systematical training of upper brain is able to change the operation of the lower brain, inclusive of health, achievements in sport, energy and spiritual, motive and stamina.
The famous boxer Mohamed Ali is a good example. He kept repeating the same action message to induce the sub-consciousness function of his lower brain in order to make him succeed in hitting his competitors during the tournament. Today, many of the countries apply these repeating exercises in the brain for the best result. While training the children with the abacus, the brain is given repetitive exercise to trigger development.